- Recite the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Welcome attendees and thank them for participating.
- Vice President 1
- 1st Vice President John Heine will assume the meeting duties of President as John Hackemer is unable to attend the meeting.
- Dan Nolan will be out of town. VP2 will read and take minutes.
- KP Public Park Update on the Update
- Representatives from SRQ County to attend the KPCA meeting on April 6th, 2021.
- They will provide updates from Parks & Recreation.
- They will answer questions.
- Yard of the Month Recognition.
- March winner is on Dudley Place.
- More information on KPCA website.
- Beautification Committee
- Pam Calendar to Chair Committee.
- Backflow Test Results
- Electric/Lighting at Monica
- Yard Walk on April 18th, 2021.
- Briefly explain the rough details.
- Kensington Park Newsletter Expanded Advertising Opportunities
- Web page with details:
- Briefly outline new ad packages.
- Briefly discuss how to apply for advertising space.
- Web page with details:
- Update from Gena Anderson Re:
- Adopt a Road
- Street Markings
Meeting called to order at 7pm by 1st vice president John Heine
Recited the pledge of allegiance
Board members in attendance: Pat Becker, Treasurer; John Heine, 1st Vice President; Christopher Austin, 2nd Vice President.
Pat Becker gave the treasure report. Report included bills, postcard expenses, postage, insurance, backflow valves test, printing, incoming dues, incoming donations. Pat also remarked on the residents who have sent cards and donations.
Christopher Austin read the minutes from March 2, 2021 membership meeting.
Pat Becker provided update on the presentation from the county regarding the status of the public park. That meeting will be held on April 6th, 2021.
Christopher Austin provided an update regarding the Yard of the Month winner for March, 2021. The resident lives on Dudley Place, just off the corner of Monica.
Pat Calendar provided information on a Yard Walk to discuss local plant life, and garden areas that attract birds, bees, and butterflies.
Christopher Austin provided more information on the expanded advertising opportunities in the KP newsletter.
Pat Becker updated information from a former KPCA VP regarding a long-abandoned initiative to get Monica on the Adopt-a-highway program. The information also included the possibility of 27th parkway.
There was also an update from Pat Becker to get the street markings in Kpark updated. Apparently, an engineer came out and decided to issue a work order to get the marking painted. We don’t have a date yet.
The floor was opened for questions and discussion from attendees. Topics included junk dumped on Monica, the empty lot on Dover that is littered with trash, rain barrels and filling them up with AC condenser water, a resident who is recovering from cancer, a suggestion that residents actually ask a neighbor if they want to come to the meeting.
Pat Becker provided an update on the lighting at Monica.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:45pm.